This one time I went to India: Volume 2 🇳🇪







I have been here now 5 days and it has been incredible, but also terrifying. 
It has been terrifying because my anxiety as taken over my body and made it really hard to really enjoy my time here. It has affected my food consumption and my happy demeanour, which on the up has got rid of the bit weight I put on round my hips, however it has also made me want to go home. This feeling does seem to be going as I settle into the program I am volunteering on. Thank you everyone who has prayed and continues to pray for my anxiety.

It has also been terrifying because of the roads! None of this organised road crossing, or politely letting people out. It is foot on the peddle and horns honked. If anyone made a sound track to India they should defiantly have horns honking! Nevertheless, I love auto rickshaw (tuck tuck) journeys, you never really know if the driver knows the way or how crazy he will drive. It’s quite exhilarating really. 

It has also been incredible.  Firstly the girls I am sharing a room with are the sweetest people and been so kind at helping me deal with my anxiety! Thank you so much Lucy, Bianca and Sanchia. The project it also wonderful. The girls and women I get to teach English to are so willing to learn to make their lives better. It is so sad when you realised how little they have as they dress in such beautiful clothes. Nevertheless, they are some of the happiest people ever and make me laugh so much! Today I did try to get them to read little Red Riding Hood and I hope they all enjoyed me reenacting a wolf. I cannot wait to continue helping them next week. 


The monuments are also incredible. I just cannot get over what I have seen. We have only been to the Lotus Temple, India gate, Akshardham (I keep calling it Askerban oops). These buildings are just breath taking. They also make me feel famous, they cannot get enough of my blonde hair and the India people just constantly want a photo with me it is funny, but also annoying. 

All in all I’m having a fantastic time. My fears are slowly being conquered, I’m being well looked after and am looking forward to continuing the adventure with a weekend visiting the Golden Triangle. 

Be Blessed
Steph

Xoxo

#india #adventure #empoweringwomen #christianblogg 

No comments